UK Program Coordinator
"Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible;
and suddenly you are doing the impossible"
Francis of Assisi
Emily was born and raised in Jamaica. She completed her education in the United States and attended university in Pennsylvania. In addition to a major in History, Emily pursued a concentration in Spanish and studied abroad for a semester in Spain.
Upon graduation, Emily worked as an English teacher and travelled extensively throughout Southeast Asia, as well as to China and South Korea. While living in Laos, she also started rescuing and fostering street kittens. Other passions include heritage buildings, period dramas, and coffee.
- Organise and support orientations, activities and excursions
- Support adjunct and visiting faculty
- Promote our activities through social networking tools
- Internship site development and placements
- Communicate with sending universities
- Special projects
- BA History, Swarthmore College, Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, USA
STUDY ABROAD EXPERIENCE
- The Hockaday School, Dallas, Texas, USA
- Hamilton College Academic Year in Spain
- Travel in Latin America, Europe, and Asia
- Volunteer Academic Mentor, UNHCR GED Support Project for Refugees in Indonesia
- Corporate Trainer/English Teacher, Vientiane, Lao PDR
- Intern, Plan International, Vientiane, Lao PDR
- Intern, Cambridge University Press, Madrid, Spain
- Student Assistant, Swarthmore College Language Centre, Pennsylvania, USA