A S I A N A B R O A D
- What it Means to Be an Asian-American in Europe offers excellent reflections on identity and travel in general, which can be beneficial to students of all identities
- As an Asian-American Abroad is about a Chinese-American woman’s experience abroad, PGSG
- As an Asian-American Living in Europe, “Where Are You From” Is a Loaded Question
- Meaningful Travel Tips & Tales for Arab Americans, GoAbroad
- Meaningful Travel Tips & Tales: Asian Travelers’ Perspectives, GoAbroad
- Being Asian in Barcelona is a Taiwanese-American electronic dance music travel blogger’s experience in Barcelona.
- Reflections in Race and Ethnicity Abroad: Spain is an East Indian-American student’s experience in Alicante.
Cultural & Social
- Catàrsia is an artistic-political collective of Asian descendents in Barcelona
- Furiasia is a festival of performing arts by the Asian diaspora held at the CCCB
- Casa Asia is a cultural center that fosters awareness and knowledge of Asian culture in Spain through workshops, exhibitions, book & film series, language classes and more.
- Indians in Barcelona is a Facebook group with thousands of members
- Indian Cultural Center - organizes cultural and social events, sports, workshops and Indian festivals and national days.
- Japanese Barcelona: Culture to Discover
- EuroArab is a cultural organization that works toward linking Europe and the Arab World from Barcelona through cultural, gender-based, political and entrepreneurial committees.
- Asian Influencers and Public Figures in Barcelona & Spain: Putochinomaricon, Hanakito Suga, Sònia Masuda Mora
- ChaiGuy serves the ONLY authentic Asian Chai in BCN!!
- Zeeshan Kebabish is an affordable Pakistani & Indian Halal restaurant open til late!
- Chennai Masala Dosa is an inexpensive place to get good Indian food til late.
- Bismad Restaurant very affordable Indian food, late hours.
- Bisma Kebabish is your go-to for Pakistani-halal “fast food”.
- The Burger Maker is where you wanna go for 100% halal beef or lamb burgers in BCN!
- KimchiMama makes the best Korean food in town!
- Àpats Arc de Triomf is an authentic Chinese restaurant.
- Da Zhong Restaurant is a top recommendation from local Chinese residents!
- Chen Ji Restaurant is where you’ll want to go for your fill of good Chinese food!
- Ramen-ya Hiro is the place for great ramen in Gràcia.
- La Uramakeria offers yummy and affordable sushi in 3 different locations.
- Musta Shawarma is a family-run place in Gràcia offering delicious Syrian shawarma.
- Al Awan store is where you’ll find pretty much any Arab food product.
- J.K. Asian Food Store is a supermarket specializing in Indian food products.
- Yang Kuang Supermarket is a huge Asian supermarket selling products from a diversity of countries and regions.
- Supermercat Asia sells products from many different Asian countries.
Therapy & Care
- Therapy in Barcelona mainly serves expat and immigrant communities in Barcelona. They have a team of English-speaking therapists with a wide range of identities, including Latinx, Black, Indian, Arab and more. Their team of therapists vary in specializations, of which include anxiety, depression, living abroad, LGBTQ+, ADHD, physical disabilities, health, identity and more.
- Office for Non-Discrimination run by the city hall offers free services to anyone living in or visiting the city to file a grievance and receive support in English, whether psychosocial, emotional or legal.
Blogs & Articles
- What does BAME mean? Why we need to stop treating Black, Asian and minority ethnicities as one, The Stylist
- Immigrant Abroad: A Chinese-American in London, IFSA student blog
- Studying Abroad as a Woman of Color, IFSA student blog
Cultural & Social
- BBC Asian Network Shows & Podcasts
- Rich Mix - East London’s home for culture and creativity has an exciting program of contemporary culture – live music, spoken word, theatre, dance, films and more! They work with artists of all backgrounds, with 60% from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities.
- London East Asia Film Festival is an annual festival held at the end of October!
- Chinatown London Entertainment will help you discover all sorts of authentic events and entertainment in Chinatown.
- Queen Mary University of London Asian Student Groups range from Punjabi to Afghan, Japanese, East Asian, Middle Eastern, Filipino, Chinese and so many more!! There are more than 30; check them out by filtering through “cultural”.
- Diaspora Speaks is a Queen Mary Student Union magazine projecting the voices of students of color and nurturing independent thought and fresh perspectives. Check out their Instagram!
- The Bush Theatre is a world-famous home for new plays that discovers, nurtures and produces the best new playwrights from the widest range of backgrounds.
- Dishoom serves Indian food from Bombay with love!
- Punjab Restaurant is the UK’s oldest Punjabi Restaurant.
- Chinatown London Eats shows you where to discover and experience East Asian cuisine in over 70 authentic restaurants, shops, bars and cafés in London’s Chinatown.
- BAATN, The Black, African and Asian Therapy Network is home to the largest community of Counsellors and Psychotherapists of Black, African, Asian and Caribbean Heritage in the UK and are also open to other People of Color who are affected by oppression due to the colour of their skin and global white power.