I S L A M A B R O A D
- Muslims Abroad provides resources for Muslim students regarding study abroad and navigating their identity in a foreign country.
- Religious Diversity Abroad, Diversity Abroad article
- Reflections on Studying Abroad as a Muslim Woman, Diversity Abroad student blog
- Halal Trip App offers info on food, restaurant, travel & prayer times wherever you go.
- How to Keep Halal While Traveling
Vlogs, Blogs & Guides
Cultural & Social
- Ramia Chaoui’s YouTube Channel is run by a young Muslim-Spanish woman. Ramia talks about different topics, bringing the Muslim & Spanish worlds together in one space!
- Míriam Hatibi is a Muslim-Spanish woman who is a data analyst, author, feminist and activist. Subscribe to her newsletter for fun insights into her world in Barcelona!
- Salam Shalom is a cultural organization that organizes activities and events for the Muslim & Jewish community in Barcelona.
- Centro Cultural Islámico Catalán de Barcelona is an Islamic cultural center.
- Mosques & Prayer Rooms in Barcelona located in different neighborhoods.
- Juventut Mulicultural Barcelona is a cultural organization located in Gràcia that runs cultural and sports events for Muslim youth in the city.
- EuroArab is a cultural organization that works toward linking Europe and the Arab World from Barcelona through cultural, gender-based, political and entrepreneurial committees.
- Zeeshan Kebabish is a Pakistani and Indian Halal restaurant in the Raval.
- Paloma Blanca Restaurant serves excellent and cheap authentic Moroccan-halal food.
- Bisma Kebabish is your go-to for Pakistani-halal “fast food”.
- The Burger Maker is where you wanna go for 100% halal beef or lamb burgers in BCN!
Therapy & Care
- Therapy in Barcelona mainly serves expat and immigrant communities in Barcelona. They have a team of English-speaking therapists with a wide range of identities, including Latinx, Black, Indian, Arab and more. Their team of therapists vary in specializations, of which include anxiety, depression, living abroad, LGBTQ+, ADHD, physical disabilities, health, identity and more.
- Office for Non-Discrimination run by the city hall offers free services to anyone living in or visiting the city to file a grievance and receive support in English, whether psychosocial, emotional or legal.
Blogs, Guides & Podcasts
- Being Black and Muslim in London, IFSA student blog
- Muslim Vistor Guide to London, Halal Trip
- A Guide to London Central Mosque, Halal Trip
Cultural, Religious & Social
- East London Mosque & London Muslim Centre is the busiest mosque in Western Europe, serving the largest Muslim community in the UK.
- London Central Mosque & Islamic Cultural Centre
- Faith at Queen Mary is the Queen Mary University of London website on faith events, news and general goings for all faiths and none. They also have a Twitter account.
- Multi-Faith Centre on Queen Mary Univerisity of London Campus is located in the Students' Union Hub and provides a space for quiet reflection, contemplation and prayer for students and staff.
- Faith Societies and Groups at Queen Mary offers many faith societies including Christian, Bahai, Hindu, Islamic, Jewish, Krishna, Sikh and an atheist society.
- Queen Mary University of London Islamic Society is one of the university’s largest student groups.
- Queen Mary University of London & Barts AhlulBayt Society offers an environment for Muslims to settle into university life and embrace their faith and identity.
- MFest is a multi-arts festival of Muslim knowledge and creativity.
- 9 British Muslim Influencers to Watch Out For In 2020!
- Maslaha seeks to change and challenge the conditions that create inequalities for Muslim communities in areas such as education, gender, criminal justice, health, negative media coverage and a continued climate of Islamophobia.
- Queen Mary University of London Sober Socials Society organizes regular socials to bring together like-minded people who believe you don’t need alcohol to have fun!
- Halal Food Guy is dedicated to discovering the best halal food in London and beyond.
- A Muslim’s Guide to the Top Halal Indian & Pakistani Food in London, Halal Trip
- Muslim Counsellor and Psychotherapist Network
- Muslim Mental Health: The Services and Organisations You Can Contact